This year’s WHELF Colloquium will be held online over two half-days on Tuesday 14th and Wednesday 15th June 2022, from 9:30 – 13:00.
The theme for this year is:
Reuniting our communities: Our Libraries, Our Users & Ourselves
The conference will celebrate our profession reuniting after Covid-19 restrictions, working together again in our libraries while adopting best practice from the new virtual technology we have adapted to over the last 2 years. The aim of our event this year is to welcome back familiar faces and introduce new colleagues who have joined our community during these unprecedented times to the wide range of work going on within WHELF.
Suggested topics for presentations could include inclusivity, wellbeing, career progression, leadership, and positive changes to working practice over the pandemic and beyond.
Presentations can be in three formats:
· Short papers: around 30 minutes, including time for questions towards the end
· Workshops: interactive sessions to include group discussion or participation of around 30 minutes
· Lightning talks: around 10 minutes, with submissions particularly welcome from colleagues new to presenting or new to the profession
WHELF Groups are invited to submit presentations to introduce their work to the community, in keeping with the theme, and on current projects and recent developments.
You are welcome to livestream or pre-record your delivery. Further guidance for presenters, including technical advice, will be provided soon.
If you would like to submit a proposal, please include the following:
· Names of presenters and their institution / role.
· Title and a brief description of your paper.
· Length and format of presentation.
Deadline for submissions: 22nd April 2022 Please e-mail submissions to: Gill Morris, WDO.
The full programme will be announced in May 2022.
This WHELF event is being organised by Swansea University and University of Wales Trinity Saint David.