Excluded Voices 2022 – a WHELF Conference
Following the success of last year’s Excluded Voices conference WHELF are organising another free one-day conference to be held online, on 29th June 2022. We would like to invite colleagues from libraries, museums and heritage sector organisations across the UK to submit abstracts for the conference.
We are looking for abstracts for keynote presentations (20 minutes) and lightning talks (10 minutes).
In 2022, we will build on the foundational themes laid in the inaugural Excluded Voices conference. We plan to address the inclusivity and accessibility of spaces (both physical and online) and will explore the ways intersectionality of voices can shape policy, collections, services, and organisational culture. Excluded Voices 2022 will showcase the ways that we can continue the work to remove barriers wherever we find them.
Relevant topics for submission will include (but are not limited to):
- Accessibility and/or inclusivity of spaces (both physical and digital)
- Critical assessment of bias in our structures and policies
- Diversifying the library/heritage professions
- Transformative/agile working
- Amplifying excluded voices to shape policy, collections, services and organisational culture
- Anti-racist and inclusive policies and practices within our sectors
- Working with communities
- Diversifying collections, curricula and reading lists
You will be contacted by 6th May 2022 to confirm acceptance of your abstract.
We intend to record all presentations for inclusion on our Internet page for the benefit of colleagues across the sector.
With thanks to JISC for technical support