Every year WHELF and HEWIT organise a residential colloquium at Gregynog Hall, the University of Wales’ conference centre. This is an annual opportunity for Library and IT staff and practitioners at all levels to collaborate and share best practice.
This year’s Colloquium will be held from 12th-16th June 2017 and is jointly organised by UWTSD and Swansea University. The overarching theme is ‘Advocacy, Engagement and the Student Experience’ and we are seeking presentations or workshops in the following broad areas:
· Learning spaces; physical and digital
· How students engage with digital resources
· Managing resources in challenging times/Impact of Brexit
· Virtual enquiry services
· Digital repositories and open access
· Measuring the impact of research e.g. bibliometrics, altmetrics
· Use of Analytics
· Realising the benefits of the LMS
· NSS/Student Experience
· Marketing and Communications
We are particularly look for presentations on approaches to the NSS/Student Experience for the Wednesday crossover day so as to share ideas and practice with our colleagues across both library and IT. Please include a brief description of the presentation or workshop and email all suggested submissions by Friday 24th February to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if your suggestion doesn’t fit, or you don’t think it fits into these areas, we are open to looking at all ideas for talks.
Gregynog Library Organising Group