The Cataloguers in Wales group is delighted to announce its first workshop on RDA (Resource Description and Access) which will take place at Cardiff University on Thursday 22nd August. The workshop will be led by Jenny Wright, Development Manager and resident RDA expert at Bibliographic Data Services Limited.
This is an introductory course and will include:
• An introduction to RDA, covering its history and the conceptual model on which it is based.
• A look at the web-based rules in RDA Toolkit.
• An examination of the principal differences between RDA and AACR2.
• How to code RDA records in MARC21.
• An emphasis on worked examples and practical information.
The workshop will benefit cataloguers and metadata experts seeking a practical introduction to RDA, and those responsible for implementing the standard.
Venue: The Bay Room, 11th Floor, McKenzie House, 30-36 Newport Road, Cardiff University, Cardiff, CF24 0DH
Date: 22nd August 2013
Time: 10am-4pm (registration from 9.30am)
Lunch and refreshments are included; if you have any special dietary requirements please let us know.
To register for the workshop please contact Karen Pierce: PierceKF@Cardiff.ac.uk
Please note there are limited places so early booking is essential.