Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
WHELF EDI Group Terms of Reference & Membership
Purpose of group
The WHELF Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Group was initially established in response to the Black Lives Matter protests in 2020. The group exists to demonstrate our collective commitment to EDI through positive and co-ordinated action, bringing our collective strength to bear to increase the inclusivity of our services – both for our users and for our staff.
Mission and Aims
· Provide leadership for WHELF around all EDI activities, developing expertise and making recommendations to the WHELF Board and WHELF groups to feed into all areas of our practice.
· Undertake a review of WHELF policies, structures, procedures and practices and make written recommendations for increasing and embedding inclusion across our networks.
· Liaise with other professional networks working in this area, including SCONUL, CILIP, DILON (Diversity in Libraries of the North), ARLIS Equity Steering Group, ARCW and from adjacent sectors such as Museum Detox to share expertise and collaborate.
· Develop an ongoing programme of actions and events to move the EDI agenda forward.
· Recommendations for WHELF to take forward to ensure WHELF is a more equitable professional body. These should cover both short and longer-term initiatives.
· A programme of training sessions and events delivered to WHELF members, and the wider professional body, on the themes of equality, diversity, anti-racism, and decolonisation/diversification.
· Organise and host a regular conference on Excluded Voices across our collections and services.
Tracey Stanley – Chair, Cardiff University
Catherine Finch – Vice-Chair. University of South Wales
Martha Ashford – Cardiff University
Joy Cadwallader – Aberystwyth University
Charity Dove – Cardiff University
Judith Dray – Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
Gary Elliott-Cirigottis – The Open University/OU in Wales
Suzy Fisher – University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Alison Harding – University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Lori Havard – Swansea University
Jenny Jones – Cardiff Metropolitan University
Nicola Jones – Cardiff University
Gill Morris – WHELF Development Officer/Swansea University
Yasmin Noorani – Bangor University
Philippa Price – Swansea University