Launch of JISC Legal’s Cloud Computing and the Law toolkit
JISC Legal has just launched its free Cloud Computing and the Law toolkit. This toolkit has been created to meet a growing demand from the FE and HE sectors for guidance on the legal aspects of cloud computing. Their aim is to help educational professionals to make confident, informed decisions about implementing cloud computing solutions in their institutions.
What’s in the toolkit?
Compiled by JISC Legal’s team of ICT law experts, the toolkit contains accessible, up-to-date information about cloud computing in an educational context. It covers the key legal areas of copyright, data protection and contract law. The five publications in the toolkit are:
– Report on Cloud Computing and the Law for UK FE and HE (An Overview)
– User Guide: Cloud Computing and the Law for IT
– User Guide: Cloud Computing and the Law for Senior Management and Policy Makers
– User Guide: Cloud Computing and the Law for Users
– User Guide: Cloud Computing Contracts, SLAs and Terms & Conditions of Use
Who’s it for?
The toolkit is designed to meet the needs of a range of educational professionals working in FE, HE, specialist colleges and the skills sector, including teaching, research, management, IT and support staff.
How can I access it?
The toolkit, along with our introductory video, can be accessed at: http://www.jisclegal.ac.uk/Themes/CloudComputing.aspx