WHELF members are represented on a wide range of national and UK organisations. These include (as at March 2021):
- ARCW – the Archives and Records Council Wales: Sian Williams, Swansea University and Alan Hughes, Cardiff University
- British Library Advisory Council: Emma Adamson, University of South Wales.
- CILIP Board of Trustees: Steve Williams, Swansea UniversityCILIP Cymru Wales Committee: Megan Wiley, RWCMD; Kristine Chapman, Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales; Alan Hughes, Cardiff University.
- JISC Library Hub Advisory Board: Mark Hughes, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Tracey Middleton, Bangor University
- JISC Library Services Advisory Group:TBC
- JISC Digital Research Community Board: Steve Williams, Swansea University
- Museum Librarians and Archivists Group: Kristine Chapman, Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales
- NHS Wales Libraries: Tracey Stanley, Cardiff University
- NLW Board of Trustees: Steve Williams, Swansea University (to 31st March 2021)
- ProQuest UK & Ireland Advisory Board: Mark Hughes, Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- RLUK Board: Tracey Stanley, Cardiff University
- SCONUL Content Strategy Group: Julie Neenan, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- SCONUL Services Group: Gary Elliott-Cirigottis, the Open University (Chair) and Alison Harding, University of Wales Trinity Saint David (Vice Chair)
- SCONUL Technology & Markets Strategy Group: Mark Hughes, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Gareth Owen, Cardiff University.