Swansea University Library recently organized a highly informative seminar day for WHELF on repositories and supporting research. The event covered a wide range of topics from the Welsh Repository Network and the WW1 project, to REF, bibliometrics, ORCID and the experiences of the NLW and Swansea University visit to Antwerp, Ghent and Brussells to find out more about Flanders coordinated approach to digital heritage management.
Presentations from the seminar day can be seen below:
The day concluded with an all-group discussion of the themes that had arisen throughout the day and future directions. A summary of the discussion can be read here
Following the event Lis Parcell (Senior Learning Advisor, Jisc RSC Wales) and Verena Weigert (Senior Technology Manager, Jisc) collated together some Jisc resources on this topic. Including:
- Jisc open access pathfinder projects (mentioned by Verena in the WHELF event) http://openaccess.jiscinvolve.org/wp/
- Jisc scholarly communications blog http://scholarlycommunications.jiscinvolve.org/wp/. Verena has highlighted two posts of particular interest:
- OA Mandates, Jisc services and university systems http://scholarlycommunications.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2014/06/17/oa-mandates-jisc-services-and-university-systems
- Author Accepted Manuscripts from publishers http://scholarlycommunications.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2014/06/22/authors-accepted-manuscripts-from-publishers/
- Jisc-ARMA ORCID pilot blog (the project which Steve, Alex and Rebecca spoke about: http://orcidpilot.jiscinvolve.org/wp/
- Resources and slides from Opening Up Scholarly Communications 2014, organised by Jisc and CNI (Coalition for Networked Information) http://www.jisc.ac.uk/events/jisc-and-cni-conference-2014-10-jul-2014
- Jisc quick guide on managing your research information http://www.jisc.ac.uk/guides/manage-your-research-information
- Digital Curation Centre (their training was mentioned during the WHELF event) http://www.dcc.ac.uk/
- Jisc advice page for Research Excellence http://www.jisc.ac.uk/advice/research-excellence
and Rachel Bruce’s slides from the Jisc Research Data Management consultation on 13 May 2014 [slideshare id=38364376&doc=rdmconsultation-13may14-140826063012-phpapp01]
Many thanks to Lis and Verena for providing these useful links.
A WHELF follow up event to Seminar Day will be held at the NLW on Tuesday 23rd September 2014 at the NLW (see posting below)
Notes from the panel discussion held at the end of the day can be read here, with thanks to Rebecca Kelleher for providing these.